When it comes to dog houses, there are many different styles and designs to choose from these days. No matter what type of size of dog you have, you can find the perfect dog house from amongst the range available. Of course, there are many of us that love to spoil our pooches and this is why there are so many different options available. This includes the ever-popular igloo dog house, which is a popular choice amongst many dog owners for indoor and outdoor use.
An igloo dog house is an affordable option for many dog owners and you can get them in different sizes to suit a range of needs and breeds. So, is a dog igloo a good choice for your pet? Well, as with most other products there are pros and cons that you need to consider in order to determine whether the igloo dog house is the right choice for you and your pet.
What are the pros and cons?
If you are considering getting a dog igloo for your pet to use outdoors, there are a number of factors that you need to take into consideration. This will make it easier for you to make an informed choice with regards to whether this is going to be the right dog house design for your dog. Looking at the pros and cons is a great way of identifying the suitability if a dog igloo for your pet. Some of the pros and cons that you need to take into consideration include:
- Good temperature control, as it is cool in summer and warm in winter
- Usually very easy to put together with no tools required
- Available in a range of different sizes
- The domed shape means that rainwater and snow can slide off with ease
- Quality igloos tend to be durable and sturdy
- It can be confusing to determine the right size, particularly if you are ordering online
- When rain is heavy, it can get in through the entrance of the dog house
- Some dogs will not like using the small entrance
- The larger ones can be awkward to carry
Always invest in quality
A dog igloo can be a good choice for your dog as long as you choose the right size and a high-quality model. You want one that is not only simple to put together but will provide a comfortable means of shelter for your dog, particularly if your pet has to spend a long period of the day outdoors. In addition to the size, you need to make sure you also need to look at the size of the entrance. If you have a large dog, he will most likely shy away from trying to squeeze through a small entrance so make sure you bear this in mind.
In addition, always check reviews of any dog house you are considering buying, as this will highlight any issues that may come up before you spend your hard-earned cash.